Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What's the big deal about this?

If you've read anything in the past week or so, you've seen the story about Tiger Woods being the most fined player on the PGA tour because of the amount he goes nuts and starts cussing people out on the course. Namely, this was started because at Doral two weeks ago, a photographer snapped a picture during his backswing and he, apparently, went off on that photographer.

Here's the video, courtesy of FanHouse




So, let's get this straight. All he said was "not in my swing" and that causes an uproar? Look, I don't apologize for golfers requiring total silence when they play. As a shitty golfer myself, I look for any excuse I can for making terrible shots.

As for the uproar on cussing. I'd like to know how many of those people have NEVER said a bad word. Especially on a golf course after a bad shot.

Hmm, I'm standing in a glass house and I've got all these stones. Time for my John Elway impression!

1 comment:

j-bizzle said...

In the media's defense, he did have some choice words for that photographer between holes. Something along the lines of: "The next person who takes a fucking picture during my backswing...I'm going to break his fucking neck." However, Tiger is definitely not the only person who swears in golf. He made it a point to say an "if you only knew" type of statement in an interview regarding the incident not only in golf, but in other sports as well. MJ was one of the biggest trash talkers in the NBA when he played, but nobody ever chastised him for it. Okay, maybe he never threatened physical harm on anyone, but you get my point.