(Note: Sadly, this wasn't photoshopped...H/T With Leather via Fan IQ)
"I'm Gay with a capital G, baby!"
Quick Pop Quiz:I'm not sure just what the fuck is going on in this city and its sports teams. Do the Mavericks and Stars not realize that the Cowboys left a bad taste in our mouths and the only thing coming up is Ranger season???
Name that Team
1) They are sliding late after a promising start of the season.
2) They just made a huge trade that looked great, but now is causing all sorts of growing pains.
3) Their Coach is in danger of being fired if this doesn't turn around.
4) Their Players are accused by some of not having the guts to win when it matters.
5) Their Playoff reputation is what keeps anyone from buying into them.
6) They just got beat at home by a team from Southern California.
7) They play their home games at the American Airlines Center.
8) They frustrate the heck out of me.
9) You would be foolish to bet on them advancing past round 1 this year
10) They might need another drastic overhaul when this season is over.
If you named either the Stars or the Mavericks, you win.
Yes, it’s just locker-room humor. It’s not Louis-Schmeling and all its societal gravitas. It’s not World War II. It’s just a highly-competitive race for the playoffs in the NBA’s Western Conference. But there is pressure. And inside the Mavs, there are tensions and conflicts and adversity. There are newcomers trying to mesh with holdovers. There are black and white people, pulling together, rooting for the same thing.
And in the middle of it, there is Dirk Nowitzki. Happy? Yes, so happy that he’ll allow himself to be the butt of Hitler jokes.