Friday, April 4, 2008

Nude Music Friday

As most people who read this site know, I'm a big of a music junky. My fun "job" is working on the weekends here in the big D at a radio station. Music is something that no matter how old, what place in society, or what color you are, can touch you, and make us all feel the same feeling at the same time.

With that said, I would like to introduce you to Explosions in the Sky(myspace page)



Now normally i don't really get into instrumental rock (meaning they have no singer), but these guys have an uncanny ability to reach inside, and touch you that most bands only dream of.

I first found out about this band while watching the best show on TV, Friday Night Lights. I could spend 3 hours telling you how truly great the show is, but his is nude music friday.

The Band is from Austin, which gives it cred all ready. They have 6 albums out, and I suggest you pick up any of them. The Music is extremely chill, its what I like to call headphones music. This means its best listened to with your headphones on, by yourself, lying on the floor staring at the ceiling. The reason for this is how introspective the music is. It takes you on a Journey through you own thoughts and feelings, and when you come too, a full hour has passed and you somehow know whats going on in your life a little better.

I'm not going to tell you that this kind of music is for everyone, but it damn sure is for me. Its music that aids the mind, not controls it. Its not something that you have to pay close attention too. I can't recommend it any more.

Website.

No comments: