Monday, January 14, 2008

welp, see ya later


I haven't had this hard of time thinking of a post since we started this whole website thing. When you think about it, if you are a real big fan of ANY sports team, you are set up to fail. Every year, in every sport, there is only one winner, only one team that is number 1, only one team that rocks a trophy at the end. That leaves some 30 other teams a loser. I know there are some times when just making progress is all you hope for, but in the end, for real, one team wins, everybody else doesn't.

The year of 2007 was one hell of a sports year for Dallas. 67 wins for the Mavs. Dallas becomes the NFC team to beat. The Stars come into the playoffs hot, and the Rangers sucked, but that's pretty status quo. What do they all have in common? Fucked up first round of the playoffs. I know that the cowboys lost in 2008, but it was the 2007 season.

It is so hard as a fan to keep getting punched in the crouch and keep believing.

But that's what we do.

We look at the person that kicked us in the nuts, smile, and say "Thank you sir can I have another."

I'm sure I will get into why the boys lost, where they need to go form here, and all that jazz. But damn that was a fun season! Can't wait for that first time we play the Giants next year. There will be blood.

So buck up, and get back on the saddle. The best text i got yesterday after the game was from the Mexican, it said, "Fuck that was a good game, At least now I can look forward to the draft."

Thank you sir. May I have another?

No comments: