I don't have the quote ready, but it went something like this:
You call Colt Brennan a system quarterback, but I disagree. Colt Brennan is an NFL ready quarterback. Tim Tebow is a system quarterback and wouldn't crack the starting line up at my school.Whoah. That is the definition of a hot sports opinion.
Now, Jesse Palmer's thoughts aside, I'm going to play devil's advocate here and allow for the discussion in the comments.
Arguments for Colt Brennan:
-He's a better quarterback than Timmy Chang ever was, so I don't think this is the "Kliff Kingsbury and Graham Harrell" kind of argument.
-He's consistently delivered year after year in Honolulu.
-(According to Jones) he has the ability to run any kind of system, be it running, throwing, pro style, spread, west coast, etc.
-He has won games for his team when they weren't supposed to win.
Arguments against Tebow:
-He's got spotlight because he plays in Florida. Any other school, and he's Jevan Snead.
-Urban Meyer's system allows for quarterbacks to succeed while running the ball AND using the spread: Omar Jacobs at BGSU, Alex Smith at Utah, Tim Tebow at Florida
-Tebow can not run a pro style offense, or any offense that requires precision passing
Some "instant feedback" on ESPN had some questions that made you think:
"How come when Brennan is called a system quarterback it's okay, but calling Tebow a system quarterback isn't allowed?"
"If the Heisman is solely based on stats and records, doesn't it have to go to Brennan?"
"East Coast bias rears its ugly head again".
For the record, I think Tebow is a bad mother fucker, and I think June Jones might have had some bad lomi lomi salmon or something. However, after being immersed in Hawai'i football for weeks on end, I gotta tell you, Brennan does look like a lot more than "just a system" guy.
Discuss in the comments or at the coffee pot.
1 comment:
How DARE you diss the man, the mith, the legand; Timmy Chang?
Its a good point. Allthough i don't think if givin the change, coach Jones wouldn't take Tebow over Brennen if he had the choice. Brennen needs more credit than he gets, just not as much as Jones wants to give him.
Post a Comment