Unlike Big, I still watch ESPN with the hopes that one day it will return to it's mid-90's glory and I'll be there to witness it. (For those of you who didn't know, Big has been able to quit watching ESPN, but he can't quit smoking. Go figure.)
Here are three stories that, quite frankly, I'm fucking tired of and would rather they focused on a different story.
What I'm tired of - Brett Favre
I don't think you're surprised by this at all, are you? Who isn't tired of hearing about this? It's become like the Mellencamp "This is Our Country" commercial. You just want to ram your head into the wall over and over to make it stop.
What I'd rather know - The Seahawks running backs
Will they go back committee? Are they actually going to pick a certain guy to be "they guy"? Do they really think that either Maurice Morris or Julius Jones can do anything behind Walter Jones and a bunch of spares?
What I'm tired of - Manny being Manny
I think this phrase has officially become anthrax to my ears. Never mind that I hate Boston with a vehemence that rivals cities like Houston or Raleigh. I'm just tired of hearing about what might or might not happen. If he gets traded, then sure, it's huge, spend time on it and interview Theo. Otherwise?
What I'd rather know - CC Sabathia's major competition for the NL Cy Young is his own teammate
How do the Brewers not get more headlines? How can ESPN spend more time on Yankees/Red Sox and ignore Cubs/Brewers which is ten times more important right now. Since the trade, Sabathia has been on fire, and could be the "Kevin Garnett" move of the season to net a title. Oh yeah, did anyone mention that Ben Sheets was ALREADY kicking ass before Sabathia got there?
What I'm tired of - Michelle Wie
I can't even fathom why she should be a news story at all, let alone why PGA tournaments still think there is any fire behind the bit of letting her play. Go away, Michelle Wie. Keep getting plugged by one or both of the Lopez twins and go play college golf. Let Ochoa and Creamer dominate women's golf now that Annika is gone, and the media can focus more on Gulbis.
What I'd rather know - Phil lost his boobs
Phil Mickelson has trimmed down quite a bit since being a tour favorite buxom sex pot. No, you're not misreading that, and I didn't mean Amy Mickelson. Lefty had the most bodacious set of man boobs since Mabel was wrestling, and now they're gone. Isn't that a workout that should be as widely followed as Atkins or whatever people are using these days?
3 comments:
don't forget COCKSUCKING, MOTHERFUCKING "titletown"
oh...and beach soccer
i recall a certain post from a while ago where you guys quoted phil as saying something like,"i can't lose weight because my fat is subcutaneous." i guess he's eating his words now!....or maybe not....unless they're carb-free
funny how despite her name being spelled "Wie" i still thought of the Nintendo Wii before i thought of Michelle "woe is me, my wrist hurts and i'm about to shoot an 88 so i'm going to pull out of the tournament before they kick me off the tour" Wie.
fuck valdosta, ga...nobody cares about high school or ncaa division ii football! they were only good at one sport! i thought the trophy was for being the city who has dominated, at one time or another, in all things sports....rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble
rabble
And THAT my friends is why i stopped watching ESPN. You see when I read a headline about farve/wie/tittletown/mma i can just skip the artical! Wait no, I love mma......
Post a Comment