Now, we had a fantastic party this sat that lasted all damn night, that plus the fact that I was "that guy" at the party also ment we didn't get to watch the UFC fight. Totally was going too, but then i got a chance to do a little ground and pound of my own(ok, that's the last time I'll reference it). I've now read up, and watched clips, and all that good stuff, and I'm a little pissed I missed this fight.
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Forrest Griffin fought for the world light heavyweight strap and had an instant classic. It went all five rounds, and Griffin won via unanimous decision to become the new Light Heavyweight champ.
I was surprised, and a little mad, as I wanted Jackson to retain his title, and fight Machida next, then get the rematch with the Iceman late next year. Ohh well, i guess we can look forward to Griffin vs Liddell or one of these match ups in about 9 months.
With the light heavyweight division so stacked (as many as 6 guys can challenge for the title, and win it) i hope it doesn't lessen the excitement about UFC.
(btw, I'm still the wing man dejour)
No comments:
Post a Comment