Let me introduce to you
Shan Foster 6-5 195lbs SG Vanderbilt

That's who we took at 51. Here is what Chad Ford of ESPN says about the guy.
"Foster is a great shooter, but one-dimensional. A poor Orlando pre-draft camp hurt his stock."
A great shooter, but one-dimensional. GREAT! They got the right position, as the 2 guard was the weakest point in our lineup, but this team already has a couple jump shooting 2's named Terry, Stackhouse, and even Eddie Jones's old ass.
This is actually not the first time I've talked about Foster on this blog. Its true he was the best player on a decent team from the SEC, and that's got to go for something, but I think Skin last night said it best, if we are talking about a 2nd round pick getting major playing time, we need to blow the damn thing up and start rebuilding.
One more thing that bothered me to pieces about this draft in respect of the mav's, when you see 3 guys that could really help your team fall out of the top 20, (Arther, CDR, and Super Nintendo Chalmers) don't you have to at least try to move up and get them? I don't' know what it would have cost, maybe just money, maybe this years and next years second rounder(that's all Seattle gave up to Detroit to get the 28th pick), I don't know, but I hope they at least tryed.
2 comments:
This pick was made simply because there were no awkward, white, Euro centers left on the board.
Donnie Nelson panicked and picked the first player he saw with a "conference player of the year" title.
It worked (maybe) with Josh Howard...
they didn't have to move very far to get cdr, and i would have loved to see that dude in dallas.
Post a Comment