Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Extra! Extra! Joey Harrington's the worst QB ever!

H/T: KSK

So, apparently, the guys at Pro Football Reference have done some kind of statistical analysis and came up with the worst quarterbacks of all time.



Folks, here he is: Joey Harrington

No QB has performed so far below the league average for so long as Joey Harrington. To be clear, Joey Harrington probably isn’t the worst quarterback of all time in an absolute sense. But in terms of being so far below average, but far enough above miserable to earn more playing time, Joey Harrington hurt his team more than any other QB in NFL history. If Harrington had been worse, he would have played less, and he wouldn’t have set back the teams he played on.


This is funny to me for three reasons:

1) Joey Harrington looks damn near exactly like one of Big's and my friends. So the total failure makes me giggle because I attribute it to him looking like our buddy.

2) I thought Joey Harrington was the real deal, only because his Oregon team beat Texas in the Holiday Bowl in 2001. He beat Chris Simms. What was I thinking?

3) He plays piano. I hate piano players. (I played piano as a child)

No comments: