Monday, December 10, 2007

The Brown Five - 12/10/07

The Brown Five is a daily breakdown of five stories that Brown stumbled upon and cause his eyebrows to raise up a bit. This probably won't be daily because Brown has the attention span of a...hey look! A bicycle..

1) Mike Vick...how long?
Today is the day that Michael Vick is going to get sentenced for the entire dog fighting embroglio from the summer. According to some news this morning, the government is going to say he did not cooperate with officials. This is baad news for Vick, so it'll be interesting how things turn out. I'm thinking "The Longest Yard".

UPDATE: Mike Vick has been sentence to 23 months in jail. That's 6 months longer than what was believed to be the case. Forget the NFL, Mike, just watch your corn hole.

2) Tebow...shocking (not really)
Tim Tebow became the first sophomore to win the Heisman this weekend. I haven't really got a lot to add here that I haven't already done, so, uh, congratulations, Tim Tebow, you might just become the next Danny Wuerffel after all.

3) Witten...hard hitten
Well, not to insult the Billy Joe Dupree or Jay Novacek fans here, but Jason Witten has established himself as the best Dallas Cowboys tight end in history (insert gay man voice: "nuh uh, it's Troy Aikman, girlfriend!). Witten was a man-child yesterday carving the Lions defense while they spent time doubling Owens. He made up for his fumble by scoring the winning touchdown. He's the Han Solo to Tony Romo's jedi knight.

4) Fred Taylor...curious
I really have only one question here, and I think it's something to think about: How good of a running back, stat-wise or production effect-wise, would Fred Taylor be/have been if his hamstrings, groin and thighs weren't made of styrofoam packing peanuts. He passed two guys on the all-time rushing list this weekend, and it seems with the addition of Jones-Drew, Taylor can be what he is...but with the injury plagued seasons before, you wonder what his number COULD be.

5) Josh Howard...still underrated?
As a life long Maverick fan, I've lived and died with the team (mostly died given their history). I'm a huge Dirk fan, and you can read that in most of my postings. However, Tom Ziller over at FanHouse has a very interesting theory developing...read his entry and tell me if you agree: Is Josh Howard the best Dallas Maverick?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jason witten is a bad, bad man. about a year ago in a fit of road rage i once was ready to kill a man in an f-150 over in irving...then i realized it was j witten and if it came down to it he would make me eat my own tires. i quickly backed down and smiled and waved. true story.

O'Brien Pundit said...

It's great that Tebow won the Heisman, but I think that it's even greater that he won the Davey O'Brien Award. The Heisman represents only on the field accomplishments, while the O'Brien takes into account how a player performs on AND OFF the field. Now, THAT'S something I can respect.