Monday, June 30, 2008

Adam Jones seeks to claim the name "Pacman" from...Adam Jones

Orioles center fielder, Adam Jones, wants to be called Pacman.

Why? Because he thinks he's too nice and wants a reputation for being a little harder.

“It’s a perception thing,” said Jones, who has frequently been referred to by the Baltimore media as “accountable” “humble,” and “morally upstanding.” “Things just can’t keep going on like this. I’m not proud of the way I’ve behaved since breaking into the league, and the new name is meant to signify the changes I know I have to make.”

This season, Jones is the only player on the Orioles roster to play in every single game, a feat largely attributable to his behavior off the field. He is known to head straight home after games, eschew alcohol in favor of fruit juice, and bring his wife and childhood sweetheart, Pamela with him on every road trip.

“It’s hard to be around him sometimes,” said teammate Aubrey Huff. “Last month after a game in Texas, I brought a stripper into the clubhouse. She was really hot, and a bunch of us broke out some body paint and were decorating her ass. Adam just kinda sat there at his locker, looking at the floor, blushing. It was really awkward.”


Of course this is a bit written up by the Bugs and Cranks guys, but I sure laughed.

No comments: