That's right, you read that title correctly. TNA Wrestling was in town this weekend and put on a little show at the House of Blues. So, El Blogador and I went to check out the scene.
Here's a few notes:
- Booker T rode to the event in a very elaborate RV and parked it in between the House of Blues and Hooters.
- Blogador and I ate at the Hooters and had a window staring at Booker T's RV, our main form of enjoyment of was a fat kid in a Kix (the band, not the cereal) t-shirt and a binder waiting for autographs. Blogador and I make a pact stating that if either of us stooped that low, the other would put a bullet in said person's head.
- Lots of kids at TNA Wrestling meaning, lots of beaten down parents.
- Jeremy Borash might be the gayest man on the planet
- Petey Williams's finisher, "the Canadian Destroyer", looks as cool live as it does on television
- Fans of TNA Wrestling apparently have no sense of humor because Blogador and I tried all night to get chants going to make wrestler's laugh. Nothing caught on, but the old black man across the aisle from us couldn't stop laughing.
- Blogador and I can get pretty racist without thinking about what we're saying. We both played the "hey, we're minorities too" card and got off scot-free. Take that, whitey!
- Curry Man's dancing is quite infectious. Even we were dancing like jack asses.
- I decided, after a few beers, it was the appropriate time to hit on MILFs. Turns out the MILF I chose happened to be the PRESIDENT OF TNA WRESTLING. That's right, of all the people in the building I hit on, it happened to be the president of the promotion.
- Biggest laugh from our section: when Awesome Kong came out and Blogador screamed "That's a huge bitch!" at a particularly quiet moment.
- TNA Knockout champion, Taylor Wilde = Nastia Liukin with a boob job...right down to the five-head.
- Jay Lethal's Macho Man gimmick is more nostalgic in person then it is on television.
- LAX (Latin American eXchange) got the biggest pop of the night. I started a "De-mo-graphics" chant...no one got the joke.
- If you saw Samoa Joe at the gym, you might think he just got a membership and it's his first time there and not that this guy is the World Heavyweight Champion. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment