Monday, February 7, 2011

So, what’d everyone watch last night?

Besides the obvious.

I watched “Big Fan” when I got home, and this is definitely a movie that I’d recommend to anyone who a) enjoys sports b) understands rabid sports fandom and c) listens to sports radio.   It’s streaming on NetFlix and it’s only about 1.5 hours.  It’s got Patton Oswalt and Michael Rapaport.  Why aren’t you leaving the blog and going to NetFlix to add this to your queue?

Anyway, I’m not going to give a full blown summary here, but Patton Oswalt plays a rabid New York Giants fan who’s favorite player is the team’s star linebacker.  He spends all day listening to the local sports radio station and is an avid caller to the late night show.  He gets his ass kicked by the team’s favorite player and spends the rest of the movie wrestling between whether he should press charges and hurt the Giants by suspending their best player, or if he, in the most literal sense, “take one for the team” and say nothing.

It’s a good movie and I highly recommend it.  If I’m way behind the times here, and everyone has already seen it, then I’m late the party and I want to talk about this and the final season of Lost. 

Oh, and the Super Bowl was last night.  The game was, I thought, great.  I couldn’t really tell what was going on because everyone around felt it was a social hour rather than a football game watching party. That’s not Carl B’s fault, I thought his house and setup was actually pretty ideal for the party and I had fun and enjoyed myself. I can tell you all about being pregnant, fashionable work pants and how awesome one of our friends is because he can totally tell the difference between Grey Goose and Ketel One and you’re totally a fag if you can’t do that…brah.  I can’t tell you of any masterful Joe Buck bon mots or Troy Aikman concussion moments.  I did have a direct view of the tv though, and for that, I thank you, Carl.

No comments: