Monday, January 24, 2011

Thoughts on the upcoming Super Bowl

  • The Packers and Steelers easily had one of the best regular season games this year that was back and forth out of the chute and trading punches the whole way through.  Let’s hope for a repeat
  • Why the hell does Lewisville have Super Bowl banners on the street lights?  I mean the official, NFL Super Bowl XV banners with the word “Lewisville”.  Shouldn’t that be restricted to Arlington (stadium), Dallas (NFC), Ft. Worth (AFC) and Irving (Valley Ranch)? Last I checked, the Fighting Farmers stadium isn’t big enough to withstand that magnitude /admiral ackbar’d
  • I like Aaron Rodgers. He was my MVP pick last year.  I don’t have a joke, I’m just saying he seems like a decent enough guy, and his celebration is wrestling related.
  • Everyone in Dallas bitching because Pittsburgh and Green Bay are playing in the Super Bowl here had damn sure better be in their 50’s. This is hardly the same league as Landry, Noll and Lombardi’s was 40 years ago.  Let’s stop pretending that we care. The same people who are complaining are the same people who stopped watching football when the Cowboys went 1-7 and want to trade Romo because Kitna’s “better”.
  • I am in paralyzing fear of what traffic will be like next week in this city.  That being said, all this construction was supposed to be done before the Super Bowl…kind of missed the mark, didn’t we?
  • I tweeted this but, The Situation is having a Super Bowl party at Blackfinn in Addison.  I dare say that’s just not douchey enough, right?  Shouldn’t he be at one of the one word places in Uptown? 
  • GameDay Final on the NFL Network is easily one of the best shows on television.
  • What gets more play: Rodgers potentially displacing Favre’s legacy or Roethlisberger potentially joining Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, and Brady with 3 super bowls
  • If (when) Deion gets in the HOF, does he thank Jesus first or himself?
  • If this was the WWE, I’d guarantee you this game would have a Polamalu v Matthews Hair v Hair stipulation.
  • My pick : Packers 24, Steelers 21 – game winning drive for Rodgers.
  • My secondary pick?  Bear will grow his beard real strong this week as though he’s playing in the game and say that’s what he used to do for the high school playoffs.

No comments: