Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Greatness of Sandwiches

I love sandwiches.  I could eat them for every meal, every day and I think I’d be a happy person.  I know, you’re shocked that I a) like something and b) could be happy.  You can’t be surprised that it’s food related.  It’s simple, no showy and delivers on what it promises. 

Think about it.  The sandwich is the most variable food on the planet, yet it really boils down to some basic ingredients:

Bread.

Main stuffing – meat, cheese, large veggie, salad (chicken, egg, tuna, etc.), etc.

Accessories – lettuce, tomato, pickle, etc.

Dressings – mustard, mayo, ranch dressing, ketchup, etc.

Four basic groups, endless possibilities. I don’t think it’s too much for me to say that if you don’t like sandwiches, you must hate America.

Top 5 sandwiches, in no particular order:

1) Reuben 
2) Turkey & Ham
3) Meatball Sub
4) Tuna on Rye
5) Grilled Cheese

Add yours in the comments.

1 comment:

Big said...

Ham and swiss with a fried egg. Its the "tits"