Friday, April 23, 2010

Something's missing here...

I saw this quote on Peter King's article...
I think Denver had a boom-or-bust night, obviously. But Josh McDaniels told me early this morning that the Tim Tebow pick came down to Tebow meeting every one of the parameters he sets out for a quarterback: competitiveness, work ethic, leadership, traits of a winner, intelligence, toughness, productivity. I see all that, but we all know the adjustment in mechanics and style of play are going to be huge factors in whether Tebow succeeds in the NFL. McDaniels has clearly cast his lot with a risky pick. But Tebow said something to me last night about McDaniels that summed the pick up perfectly: "I told [agent] Jimmy [Sexton] all along that I wanted to play for this guy. His whole attitude is he believes in himself, and he's going to do it his way.'' Tebow and McDaniels now are tied together, and their NFL futures depend on how good the other is at his job.
Um...if I'm a Denver fan, I'm pretty sure that I'm fine with those parameters for a quarterback, but I might also add one more...HAS THE ABILITY TO PLAY QUARTERBACK AT THE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL. Being a great leader ain't gonna help you throw on a 3 step drop slant look.

No comments: