Tuesday, April 7, 2009

To the victor (the bear) goes the spoils

We challenged you, you responded(kinda), and here is your prize, i present, without edit, the ramblings of Victor the Bear.

The Champ Is Here… The Champ Is Here!



Well since I’ve never been one to turn down a chance to toot my horn I will gladly accept my winnings from TB&TB Bracket Challenge. No, I’m not going to sit here and thank North Carolina for living up to my expectations. I’m not going to sit here and gloat on the fact that I ended with 1420 points… 400 more than Brown, 680 more than the reigning champ, Big, and 820 more than who I’m assuming is Gerry Dorsey. I’m not going to sit here and tout that at one point I was ranked in the top 70,000 of all the ESPN Brackets. I’m not going to sit here and call out the people I know who voted for our current President didn’t follow his bracket and picked against him, way to support your choice gents! I’m not going to sit here and give the stereotypical acceptance speech thanking God. No sir, I’m not going to do any of that. But what I am going to do is use this moment in the limelight to talk a little SPORTS and what has gone on and what is coming up.



BASEBALL

Our Texas Rangers beat the 2008 Cy Young winner Cliff Lee and, the Baltimore Orioles beat the Yankees Sabathia and their ridiculous lineup. What I think is bittersweet here is that I love to see A-Rod fail, but since he’s out on injury (funny how long it takes to recover from an injury when you don’t have steroids) it’s just as great to see Teixeira fail. How about his opening day line… 4 at bats, 0 runs, 0 hits 1 walk and he left 5 guys on base. Love it. As far as the Rangers go… can we just call it a season now? I’ve been a Ranger fan my entire life, even went to the last Night game at the old Arlington Stadium. Yet I’m so on the fence with this team every year. I heard an interesting tid-bit of information that this is the first opening day win since 2003, it’s the most runs they’ve scored on opening day since 2000 and the fewest runs allowed since 1989. Seriously… can we just call it a season now?



GOLF

Yes, I’m white and I enjoy golf! But it’s Masters time fast approaching and don’t know if you knew this but Tigers back. I’m sorry if you like someone else on the tour, so do I but you can’t disclaim anything Tiger has done for the sport. He’s made this an intensely competitive event (not that it wasn’t before, but more so when he’s there) and the Joe Schmo fan doesn’t want to see a Sunday pairing of Trevor Immelman and Geoff Ogilvy. I’m not going to discredit these golfers skill and history but it’s so much better to see Tiger in his Nike Red shirt Sunday afternoon.



FOOTBALL

Burress released and Cutler released. Nothing there got my sports pants all that excited, but I know it gives way to some fun back and forth’s over beers at the bar. Burress getting released was no surprise. I think we’ll all see him dawning the Black and Silver of a Raiders uniform along with Michael Vick. That is if Vick doesn’t end up in the Mark Cuban XFL ver. 2 League like Brown thinks and I don’t exactly disagree. Cutler was just 2009’s Favre quarterback baby temper tantrum. I think Carl Badlander put this one perfectly in that the draft picks were nice. Guess we’ll see if Orton is better with more talented, taller, receivers. I still think they’re targeting Sanchez from USC and are going to package some picks to move up to get him.

1 comment:

the monster under Big's bed said...

you can toot you own horn? why would you ever leave the house?