Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Temple Breeds Comedy

I saw this on Awful Announcing this morning, and I couldn’t help but feel a little pride for the hometown. 

If you didn’t know, Big and I (and Uni also) actually grew up together in a pissant little piece of shit town known as Temple, TX.  I say it’s a pissant little piece of shit town because it’s like herpes.  Once you get it, you get it for life, and you really hate telling people you have it because you can never live it down.  That’s right, Temple, TX is the herpes of hometowns.

Anyway, Robert Flores, one of the best Sportscenter anchors around right now used to do the sports on the local CBC affiliate in the Waco-Temple-Killeen area.  He then big timed us by moving to Austin, and then to ESPN.

I doubt that was in the script.  Kudos, sir.  We may hate our little burgh of shit, but we do bring the funny when we can.

No comments: