Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Quite honestly, the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

Big, in about 15 years.

Saw this story on CNN.com, and found myself hanging my head and questioning humanity. I might be one of the few people I know who doesn’t smoke. Big smokes. Bear smokes. Whenever we leave a bar, I smell like I’ve been hanging out with Pete Rose’s sister.

If you read the story, the old man says that the government is “picking on poor people”. I’m gonna have to call bullshit there, buddy, as I’m pretty sure that a) no one forced you start smoking and b) the amount of money you spend on cigarettes could be spent towards quitting said cigarettes.

If you didn’t read the story, the U.S. government has slapped the biggest tobacco tax ever today, almost 62 cents a pack. Pretty hefty, but do I give a shit? Nope. Do I support it? Hell yeah, I do. Why the hell shouldn’t I? Last I checked, cigarettes cause cancer. I know that. You know that. The guy struggling to walk to his mailbox knows that. To quote KSK, “NO ONE DENIES THIS!” And, I think we can all agree, cancer sucks.

The government isn’t banning cigarettes, and you’re still allowed to have them. If they were making them illegal, it’d be a different story. However, if the government wants to tax the vices of the citizens, then I say it’s a damn smart idea to build revenue. These things aren’t a necessity to live, you wanna smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol that’s fine by me, but you’d better be able to afford it. It’s not a bad thing to take the concept and apply it to marijuana either. Make it legal and tax the shit out of it. It’s a great source of revenue in these current cash strapped times.

If you smoke, either shut up and pay extra or quit smoking.

7 comments:

gerry dorsey said...

they were inseparable.

Big said...

This was the agument that made the Republican mad at me at the bar the other night. She called Obama a hipocrite for being a smoker, yet raiseing the taxes on cigs. Saything something to the point that "he was trying to get people to think he didn't smoke, buy makeing cigs more expensive."

Yet another reason I never get laid, I'm smarter than dumb bitches(not really saying much).

Brown said...

You're looking for a woman who you can have deep conversation with at a college bar at 1 am?

I'll remind you, the girl responded to me pointing and yelling "HEY! GET OVER HERE! I WANNA TALK TO YOU!" And responded positively to my calling her breasts fantastic.

Excuse me, next time I'll make sure to put out the CNN vibe and tell her about your rapist wit.

Big said...

My Rapist whit has gotten me plenty of girls!

But honestly, your right with the aspect of "what do you expect," colleg bar, 1 am, nice tits and so on. But I will defend myself for saying that I'm not going to "dumb down" my thoughts or HSO's just to get a peice of ass. And people that do so is the reason that we have "stars" like britney spears and Jessica Simpson and Tiela Tequilla, and Anna Nicole Smith, and Lidsey Lohan......do I need to go on.

The Idea that you, just for a chance at that sweet sweet Vasheen, would alow a person, of any age, color, hotness or education level make a complety stupid thought, and all you say in return is "boy your tits are nice" or even worse nothing at all so they think that what they said is right, is an Idea that I sir, will not get behind.

That is the biggest reason of all I don't get much ass, and while I may complain about it, I will never change the way I think about it.

so you and your area codes can suck it, turd-anus.

smoke

Bear said...

Obama's an Hipocrit, Dubyas an idiot... I'm a social smoker and nothing wrong with tellin a girl she has fantastic ta-ta's to get laid. Hell, if I ever say that I'm so drunk at that point I dont care anymore what the stupid whore in front of me says as long as she's flat on her back with her legs wrapped around me! Now whether she's coherent, or awake is another story!

Brown said...

Did Bear just admit to date rape or did I read that wrong?

USpace said...

.
Support the sovereign American Indian Nations! Tobaccobymail.com

It's all so hopenchangey.
The governments imposing these tobacco SIN taxes are actually committing racist acts since most smokers are lower income, and many of them are minorities. Obama committed a racist act with this tax increase. Completely regressive. Why don't they tax cigs $1,000 a carton?

They don't want all people to quit, just enough to toot their horns to justify their tyranny. They will still be able to rely on all those taxes continually coming in from the hardcore addicts, which at the increasingly obscene rates will easily make up the taxes lost from the small percentage of quitters.

Politicians don't want people to stop smoking. If they did they would tax them $100 per pack. But this would just increase the black market even more, and the state would get no money.
.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
raise taxes on the poor

tax cigs 200 percent
hurt poor smokers the most

.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
create racist outcomes

raise some taxes on the poor
hurt minorities the most
.
USpace
.
All real freedom starts with freedom of speech. Without freedom of speech there can be no real freedom.
.
Philosophy of Liberty Cartoon
.
Visit: HaltTerrorism.com
.
:)
.