Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More from the Bear

We challenged you, you responded (kinda), and here is your prize, I present, without edit, the ramblings of Victor the Bear.

Wrestlemania 25 From the Eyes of a Casual Fan

Big Where's Greggo

I’m sure you’re already tired of reading my posts. I was thinking of doing this in my Championship acceptance speech but I think it warrants its own posting. As all of you know, myself, Big, Brown and El Blogador attended Professional Wrestling’s greatest spectacle this weekend by attending Wrestlemania 25. I’m not a fan like Big, Brown and Blogador are. I used to watch religiously back in high school but just sort of grew out of it, or so I thought. Well last year Big and Brown accepted me into watching it with them at a time I just needed out of my house. Lately I’ve tried to make it a point to watch it with them, but if we don’t all get together to watch I’m usually at the gym, or watching Chuck and Heroes. But there’s something to be said for attending one of these events, witnessing it live and right in front of you. If you’re looking for a breakdown of the match’s, or to talk about how many mullets we saw, or David Carr jerseys, I’ll leave that to Big and Brown.

Anyways, so when Brown got tickets to Wrestlemania 25 I was on the fence about going because A. How am I going to pay for this? And B. Am I a fan enough to enjoy this? Once I was able to pay for it I just figured I’m going to go down with no expectations and just enjoy the weekend. Well I was truly blown away. It was a great time, and I have a great lasting impression from being there. I tell everyone that even if you don’t like professional wrestling because you know it’s fake, or you think it’s childish, or beneath you, I say GO, GO, GO! It’s an amazing experience and just being there, surrounded by all the fans that come from all over the world to see this and feeling their energy during each match, this was one of the best events I’ve ever been to. It’s entertainment people… and damn they know how to entertain.

1 comment:

j-bizzle said...

maybe you guys should've put a pic-i-nic basket on the bingo board