Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hey, at least we won't play the Lakers!



With Utah losing last night to the Lakers, the Mormons have locked up the 8th spot in the NBA finials, which means that they will play the mighty Lakers this weekend during the first round of the NBA playoffs.

Some good news for us Maverick Fans. Good News.

SO, that brings us to tonight, and what might be one of the more entertaining nights of basketball in a long time. 4 teams(Denver, Houston, San Antonio, Portland) are playing for spots 2-5, and your Dallas Mavericks are in a duel with New Orleans for the 6 and 7 spots. To make things better, all 6 of these teams play each other tonight. Check it out.

Hornets at Spurs 8 pm ET
Rockets at Mavericks 8pm ET
Nuggets at Blazers 10:30 pm ET

Right now, the seeds stand like this.

1.LA
2.DEN
3.HOU
4.POR
5.SA
6.NO
7.DAL
8.Utah

Lets just worry about Dallas, as all the other things make my head spin.

IF DALLAS WINS TONIGHT

6 seed if NO losses to SA, in which they would play the 3 seed SPUUUUURRRRSSS!
7 seed if NO Wins, they would play Denver if they win tonight, or Houston if they Lose.

IF DALLAS LOSES TONIGHT

7 seed vs. Denver if Denver beats Portland, Houston if Denver Loses to Portland.

So there you go. To be honest, I can see the Mav's pulling the upset over any three of those teams(HOU, SA, DEN). But I'm a homer. The best would be winning the 6th seed and then New Orleans pulling the upset in the first round of the playoffs so we wouldn't have to play LA until the West Finials.

But that's not going to happen, the Dallas teams are too cursed for that.

1 comment:

j-bizzle said...

So i was walkin' around uptown the other day when outta nowhere I ran into none other than Dirk Nowiztki! Well, I barely had enough time to say "Go Spurs Go" when Dirk asked me for some money.

Despite being a Spurs fan and though I thought it was strange that an NBA superstar making millions of dollars a year needed money I said, "Sure, man, how much do you need?"

Then Dirk said, "'Bout tree fiddy."

Well, it was about that time that I noticed that Dirk Nowitzki was 8 stories tall and was a crustacean from the Paleolithic Era. And I said, "Dammit Loch Ness monster! Get outta my way! I ain't givin' you no tree fiddy!"

Then he said, "How 'bout two fiddy?"

I said, "Oh, now it's only two fiddy?! What is there a sale on Loch Ness munchies or somethin'?"

That crazy ol' monster.