Thursday, March 12, 2009

How stupid are the Denver Broncos, really?


I just farted!!

First of all, how do you trust a coach who looks younger than me? (Full disclosure, I've looked exactly the same since I was 5 years old.) Second, how does that coach immediately walk in the door and try to alienate one of the top 10 (top 5 young) quarterbacks in the league??

Look, I'm no Jay Cutler fan, but to say that you'd rather have Matt cassell could be the stupidest thing on the planet, and makes me immediately question anything that Josh McDaniels is doing. If I was a Bronco fan, I'd be pissed off right now.

I asked our local Bronco fan what he thought and the only answer I got was "ELWAY! WINGY DINGY! DIRT ROMPER! BING-BANG-BONG!" To translate what that means, he's basically saying "Elway will always be the pantheonic Broncos quarterback. Everyone else since him has never really lived up to his iconic status. We feel Cutler could be the guy, but he's got the personality of cardboard. We'll follow this team no matter who's under center."

The Denver offense under Shanahan and Kubiak was built to trade out running backs because of the o-lines cutback blocks. They were in requirement of a quarterback who could run the offense as laid out. Plummer was "meh", and Cutler was growing into a pretty good find. If McDaniels is so retarded to think he can just plug his Patriots buddies, and it would work, then I expect any of the following to happen:

1) Detroit goes straight up number 1 pick for Jay Cutler
2) Minnesota packages defensive players to get Cutler
3) Tennessee sends Collins and picks to get Cutler
4) ANYONE THAT HAS HALF A BRAIN AND NOT A TOP 10 QUARTERBACK PUTS TOGETHER A DEAL TO STEAL CUTLER

That is all.

No comments: