Thursday, February 19, 2009

GMV - Nude music friday

There are a lot of Kanye haters out there. People who don't like his message, his over use of auto correct, or just his straight up smug attitude. But to me, there is nobody like him in the game right now. Here is his new video "Welcome to heartbreak."


KANYE WEST "Welcome To Heartbreak" Directed by Nabil from nabil elderkin on Vimeo.

Tell me somebody else is making a video this good that is equal parts innovative, edgy, or just plain going with the song better than that. I still love music videos, i watch them often after nights at the bar at 3 in the morning when the music channels really play music.

Big ups to UVE and his blog for having the video that I could embed.

5 comments:

unitqm said...

Kanye is a mark ass mark.

No one has ever made t-shirts that say "Kanye West saved My Life"

J Dilla was the real shit.

Go to You Tube and search J Dilla.

Anonymous said...

My guess is you're just hating the popular artist because it's not the cool thing to like what's popular.

Music snob.

j-bizzle said...

Oooooor he really just doesn't like Kanye. Besides:

Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said, "If you label me, you negate me?"

Either way, that video is still fantastic. They song itself wasn't that great, but the beat was pretty stellar. If I were 18 and actually still watched MTV, I'd say it should get a VMA.

By the way, "anon", there are dozens of your so-called "popular" groups/artists that became that way purely as a result of great marketing and not because they are actually talented. The Jonas Brothers are a prime example of this. I've taken shits that were more talented than those kids.

Had that ever occurred to you, you trick ass trick?

unitqm said...

I proudly will were the label music snob.

Kanye has talent but he is a mark ass punk bitch.

When all the smoke clears Kanye will go down in the history books not as a great producer or computerized voice rap/singer.

Kanye will go down in the books as a loud mouth asshole.

Once he gets older he will loose his edge and everyone will share my opinion.

Dude has tons of talent but he needs to check himself before he wreaks himself.

gerry dorsey said...

"anonymous" you act like kanye hasn't given everyone a laundry list of reasons to hate him. personally i like a handful of his songs (none of which involve that reverbed voice shit), however i have to agree that he is a mark ass buster as a person.