Monday, December 1, 2008

I don't have to take this, I'm leaving you.



Okay, I know you're expecting to come to the site today and see two things. A terribly misspelled and oddly calculated ranking system by one guy, and a profanity laden, head shaking, confusing diatribe from the other.

Well, here's the ladder.

I could sit here and argue until my face went blue (yes, still possible with Brown skin) about how fucked up the system is for picking winners and losers in college football. I could argue about how Texas and Texas Tech are both getting a huge shaft here (probably Tech more than Texas in the big picture). I could argue that a playoff system among the big conferences, properly put together, would put to rest a majority of the issues and the lower conferences could still do bowls so they can not whine about missing a payday (because if you don't think it's about money, you ate rubber cement as a child).

No, I'm not going to do that for a simple reason. No matter how right or wrong I am, my portly blogging pal and you sexy readers want to argue with me. Quite simply, I don't have the energy to have this same argument again and again and again.

Everyone is convinced they have the solution, including me, and no one wants to hear the other person. It's the politick of sports. There isn't a middle ground in the argument, and there is no gray area. Whatever system put in place benefits one team is going to screw that same team in the future. Period.

Quite honestly, I think I'm done with this shit. I don't want to hear about college football anymore until it gets it act together. And I don't mean "until Texas goes to the championship game", I mean until a system is put in place where things are decided on the field and not by Johnny-5, Simon, Steve Spurrier, and whatever keypad mashing Mangino's hands manage to do.




Who am I kidding? I'm going to keep coming back like a battered spouse. Only this time, I'm so going to carry pepper spray and a rape whistle.

No comments: