Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sure, we've got a new president, but what about my teams!



I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing or saying right now. I've been in a haze since Saturday night when Michael Crabtree went Tyrone Prothro before he mangled his leg, Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson all wrapped into one college receiver.

The Mavericks have started the season with a full blown "meh" feeling.

The Cowboys...well, this sums it up



The Stars, well, at a distance I think they've also got this "meh" thing going but I think I remember hearing something to the effect of them having the highest goals against average in the league.

The Rangers just signed Mike Maddux, brother of Greg, to be the new pitching coach. Maddux is, for all intents and purposes, "the best pitching coach in the league", so the Rangers wallet whipped him to come here. Welcome to hell, Mike. Maybe you and Orel will be doing some broadcast work together when you inveitable lose faith in baseball and quit for good.

I'm not trying to be bleak here, but I'm starting to worry about the overall health of my fandom.

I need something, anything to bring me out of my sports lurch...

1 comment:

D-Nasty said...

I hear there's gonna be a kickass horseshoe tourney in Ardmore, OK this Sarutday afternoon. Maybe a live blog is just the ticket to bust your slump... or a brown bag special with the lights out, whichever you prefer. Get it? BROWN bag. hahahahaha!

I am truly pitiful.