Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Things Big Hates - A New Thread


Jews

I'm kidding, I poke fun because i'm German, and I have a Jew Fro, and not a small nose. Its a juxtaposition i live with every day.

I consider myself a bit of an optimist. I try and always look on the brighter side of life, a real glass half full kind of guy right?

Well, despite my best efforts, there are things in this world that rub me the wrong way. I'm not talking about everyday things, like stupid fucking drivers who think they are kings of the road, and will speed past you on an on ramp while your in traffic, and wait till the last second to merge into the highway, only to get pissed off that somebody isn't letting them in right away.

No. I'm talking about things that probably shouldn't make me mad. Things like the song "Blister in the Sun." I would gladly give 3 days of the end of my life to never have to hear that piece of shit song ever again in my life. I don't know why I don't like it, I just do. And I swear to the good lord if you write lyrics to that song in the comments, I'm going to make it a personal mission to make you my bitch on this blog. You have been warned.

So with all that as background, let me introduce you to the first in what may become a lengthily list of things I hate, People who EBay their Fandome.

So let me get this straight, you have been a die hard fan of a certain team, in this case, the Bengals, and when things get shitty, or in your case, stay shitty, then you ask people to bid on you, so you can have a better team to root for.

I don't care that this particular case is for charity. If you are asking me to pay for your allegiance, then you are nothing better than a mercenary sports fan. And I don't like you.

I understand that if you are getting into a sport that you weren't ever into, say Euro Soccer, and you have no tie to city, player, nation, or even color choice, that you would want someone to help you pick a decent team to watch, so you can enjoy yourself. A quote from the EBay:

"I AM doing this because I have given up all hope. I want to know what it's like to be a fan of a team who has an owner and front office that cares about its team and the people who support his team"

We have name for people who are like this, BandWagoners. They are quick to jump on a winning band wagon just so they can be "cool" and like the "hip" team. Hell look how many Boston Red Socks hat's you see at any give mall. Next time you see one of those guys, go ask them who plays third base for Boston, and i guarantee that over half of them will say "Big Papi?"

Your a douche and I hate you.

1 comment:

Carl Badlander said...

Wait.....you still go to the mall Big??? I hate to say it sir, but I think that means you are either...
a) gay
b) going to be on tv with chris hansen soon

GO REDSOX!!!! (total sarcasm)