Thursday, May 15, 2008

If this is true, I'm switching gears on Rick Carlisle



If this story has any legs, then the Mavericks are right back into the meat of the conversation.

I wasn't a big fan of the Rick Carlisle hire. It did enough for me that I pretty much shrugged my shoulders and didn't even bother commenting. I figured, he's the white Avery Johnson: micromanaging, "bring it to the half court and I'll call the play from the bench", focus on defense kind of coach.

I know that he's not going to relinquish power to Jason Kidd (though he should for on the court decisions).

I know that he's already reached out to Dirk because he needed to.

However, it never even dawned on me that Rick Carlisle could deliver the nasty, defensive presence that the Mavericks need: Ron Artest.

I've said several times that the Mavs should make the move with the Kings to get Artest. Now, given that Ron-Ron had his best years under Carlisle, he might want to actually come here.

Howard for Artest? Do that deal every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Come on, Mark Cuban, make this happen.

No comments: