I was poking around the WWL website yesterday and come across (making it sound like i "found" some hidden numbers on their site that nobody noticed before, but i just clicked a lot of links, probably thinking they were porn link, but I digress) some interesting numbers. Its one of those questionnaires I always find myself taking to burn time. Whats crazy is some of the numbers that over 400,000 votes. I'll explain after the results.
1) Which team will win the Super Bowl? 42.3% Patriots in a blowout
30.1% Giants in a close game
14.5% Patriots in a close game 13.1% Giants in a blowout 2) Which team are you rooting for? 50.8% Patriots
3) Has Tom Coughlin established his job security?
33.7% No, he'll have to win the Super Bowl
2.2% No, his job is still in jeopardy
4) Has Eli Manning shed the 'choker' label?
5) If the Patriots lose the Super Bowl, will their season be considered a disappointment?
6) Will Randy Moss (2 rec., 32 yards in two games) continue to struggle in the playoffs?
7) If you will not be in attendance, where will you watch the game?
80.9% At home
15.0% At a party
2.7% At a bar/restaurant
1.0% Probably won't watch
0.4% Travel to Arizona and watch somewhere
8) Will you watch the halftime performance by Tom Petty?
9) Which do you enjoy more about the Super Bowl?
92.5% The game
5.7% The commercials
1.8% The hype
10) Who will be telling us he's going to Disney World after the Super Bowl?
30.2% Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
23.6% Eli Manning, QB, Giants
20.1% Tedy Bruschi, LB, Patriots
10.0% Randy Moss, WR, Patriots
4.2% Michael Strahan, DE, Giants
2.8% Wes Welker, WR, Patriots
2.2% Plaxico Burress, WR, Giants
1.9% Someone else
1.8% Osi Umenyiora, DE, Giants
1.7% Laurence Maroney, RB, Patriots
0.7% Brandon Jacobs, RB, Giants
0.5% Amani Toomer, WR, Giants
0.4% Asante Samuel, CB, Patriots
Ok, lets look at the more interesting things that this says.
42.3% of the votes believed the Patriots would win in a blowout. Not a big surprise there
But 30.1% believe the Giants would win in a close game, while only 14.5%believe the Patriots would win in a close game. So half as many people believe that pats would win a close game?
Just over 50% believe the Pats season would still be successful if they loose. I don't agree with that at all. If you go 18-0 going into the Superbowl, then loose, You have failed.
and lastly, 20.1% of people think Tedy Bruschi, LB, Patriots will be the "I'm going to Disney World" commercial. What? Won't all those flashing lights give him a stroke or something?