Friday, January 25, 2008

I don't buy popular shoes, do you?

From TrueHoop:

A guy walked past the Foot Action by the Garden and asks, "What are you guys doing here?"

One of the sneakerheads answers: "Waiting for the new Air Jordans." And shows him a pair of the shoes.

Guy says: "I don't get it."

Sneakerhead, with disdain in his voice: "We know. That's why you're over there."


Okay, I was never that big into shoes, let alone into Jordans. What really confuses me is how big a phenomenon this is. Just what in the hell do you need to do with $200 sneakers?? Unless they are truly going to make me play like Jordan, which they won't, what do they provide that I can't get with a pair of cheaper shoes that I can replace every 6 months or so?

Honestly, there is a list of priorities in life, and I don't think "fly ass kicks" are on that list.

No comments: