Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Brown Five - 1/22/08 - Is quoting Chappelle's Show allowed again?

The Brown Five is a daily breakdown of five stories that Brown stumbled upon and cause his eyebrows to raise up a bit. This probably won't be daily because Brown has the attention span of a...hey look! A bicycle..

1) Is Brown going to admit he may have been wrong?
Yes. Yes I am. I've been down on Eli Manning ever since he was at Ole Miss. I never believed the guy was capable of winning a damn thing, let alone being a leader on this team. If you look at the past three years, you'd have to agree with me. However, something has happened to the Giants team this year that has let Eli become a leader. No Shockey, and no Tiki. Those two guys are such a-holes, that a diminutive guy like Manning could never take charge. With both of them gone, he's able to produce.

2) Tom Brady was seen in a walking boot yesterday
I'll bet money says that his coach told him to wear it around New York to make New York think they have a chance. I'm telling you, I can't believe that the cities of Boston and New York are fighting for a championship of some kind...I mean that kind of thing never happens. I hope that some network out there picks up on this and decides to focus on it. Read my post on team perception, as I think it might have more weight now.

3) Nets and Pacers considering a deal
If you haven't heard, they are considering, what amounts to a Jermaine O'Neal for Vince Carter. O'Neal's monster contract just become more attractive because it's coming off the books soon. If he's health, a combination of O'Neal, Kidd, and Jefferson is pretty formidable in a slowly stronger Eastern conference. That's a team that can contend with the Detroits and Bostons of the world. Of course, Indiana becomes that much worse on defense, and an additon of Carter would make them crave a coach like Don Nelson.

4) This year's dunk contest, might be worth watching
Gerald Green, Rudy Gay, Dwight Howard, and my favorite, Jamario Moon. The extra incentive this year? Fan votes by text message. If I don't see Dwight Howard use like a medicine ball instead of a basketball, just to fuck with people, then I'm going to be disappointed. Don't kid yourself, he could do it.

5) Join us Sunday night at 7 PM
We're live blogging the WWE Royal Rumble. Should be a good time. Me, Big and the Blogador drunk and watching wrestling. Entertainment!

1 comment:

gerry dorsey said...

see as a fan of one of eli's college rivals, i feared him in college, but still never thought he had the chops to do shit in the nfl. oh well.

i'm betting tom brady's other foot is hurt and he wearing the boot on the wrong foot just to eff with the giants.